Friday, April 29, 2011

The great honey debate: Why honey is not vegan

I live in Johnson City, Tennessee; therefore I don’t meet many other vegans. On the occasion that I do, there is often one difference in our opinions about what is vegan and what is not. That difference is honey.

I have participated in many discussions and debates arguing on the side of bees, alone. I am going to ask you now, why do you think honey is vegan? If you think that it is, I want you to think about the reasons why you think so. I will now explain to you why I feel honey is not vegan, and then I will ask you the same question again.

The number one reason why honey is not vegan is simply that the bees are literally enslaved. They live in giant man-made bee camps where they work hard to make honey. This honey is then stolen by humans who either consume it or seek to gain profit from the bee’s hard work.....

No comments:

Post a Comment