Monday, March 14, 2011

National Young Feminists Leadership Conference - Washington D.C. Day 3



So the 3rd day was a little crazy! Starting out with an excellent panel of speakers, who included my personal favorite Lori Adelman of Feministing.com, we listened as the speakers talked about various issues such as women in Afghanistan and CEDAW. I attended a workshop about CEDAW as well. Sadly, this day was somewhat hectic for me and because of it I am unable to give an extensive report as I did on Saturday. I apologize for this and I know I could have done better, but we all have those days and must keep pushing forward. The important thing is that I am taking back what I have learned to my campus and I made connections with other activists so that we may work together through social media outreach. This was my first conference of this type and now I know how to formulate a plan of action to follow at my next one. All in all I had a great time and this trip has inspired me to write an article about veganism and religion (and activism in general, including feminism) and a restaurant review on thisdishisveg.com, I’ll keep you up to date when they are posted. Also as soon as I can I will post some pictures from another vegan friendly restaurant, that was not only delicious but eco-friendly and sustainable as well. Once again I am sorry this post is not more informative, next time will be so much better!

No comments:

Post a Comment