Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Best feminist bands


I listen to a lot of underground music that I feel like a lot of fellow feminists have never heard of, so it's time to share the glory!

I have been wanting to do this for a while now, so I'm finally doing it. Best feminist bands? Well I don't know about that, but here are my favorite feminist bands in no particular order.






Crass

Obviously because of the kick ass feminist album "Penis Envy", Crass is a definitely on my list. You can't go wrong here.



Spitboy

There's a good chance you have never even heard of this band, but they are pretty awesome. All female band that sings about gender inequality, pretty radical stuff here! Wooo third wave!




Aus-Rotten

Have you ever heard the song "Second Rape"? You should! I recited it once at a Slut Walk protest. Every feminist needs this in their playlist!



Contravene

This band is one of my favorites because they are vegan to! I'm gonna put to videos for them, one displaying feminist viewpoints and another for animal rights.



Dirt

Another classic, pretty much all of their songs are awesome!




Antischism

Another favorite, I am putting this song because it is my favorite by them :p



Nausea

Ok this is the last one and I'll end it with a video of a sweet live performance!



Alright well there ya go! Maybe I'll do a part two one day! (There are TONS more!) If you think of any good ones that I forgot put em' in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment