Thursday, October 20, 2011

Desperate for Friendship

It makes me sad to see people who are desperate for friendship. I know people who are in this situation. The amount of nonsense that these people put up with from others, just for "friendship", is sickening. Most of it is due to enforced gender norms, seeing that most of my friends are female. I have seen them treated terribly by their male friends. Objectified repeatedly by men and treated with complete disrespect, they seem to get over it after venting to me or someone else. I wish that these friends would just not tolerate others who are completely sexist, instead of allowing these men to treat them in this way in exchange for friendship. It's not a great quality in my opinion. So yeah this is like a pretty short rant, that I could elaborate on but don't feel like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment