Monday, November 14, 2011

What's All This Talk About Gay Marriage?!




It turns out my Intro to Women's Studies class isn't the only class I'm in right now where the class is discussing gay marriage.


In my english 1010 class we read an essay about religion and gay marriage. I'm sorry but I'm in a place where I can't look it up right now, or else I would also share the essaywith you. Anyway the essay goes onto actually defend gay marriage using religion. I know, it's shocking. So actually the article itself was very interesting, I thought. However, most of the other students were enraged. As we discussed the article in class, some students began shouting uncontrollably that all the gays were going to hell for their sins and that they were all abominations. One student even shouted out, "Adam and Eve not Adam and Steve!"


I couldn't help myself and said, "Hey A**Hole! I'm Steve!". But seriously, what the hell is going on? Are my classmates members of the westboro baptist church or something?


A majority of the class agreed that gay marriage should be illegal, of course these are the same people who a week before said that divorce should be illegal. I want to tell them to take their nuclear family and shove it up their...ANYWAYS... Instead I asked them why should gay marriage be illegal. They went on to explain that they don't only want gay marriage illegal but ALL NON CHRISTIAN WEDDINGS!!!! (Like Indian weddings for example) I don't normally react this way but at this point I was in shock, I said "You are all insane."


Seriously, I just wanted to share this with you all because it's so ridiculous. You should hear some of the things that these kids are saying.



P.S. You all know you love the pic of Adam and Steve, ha ha ha ha!




No comments:

Post a Comment